All Hawai'i Stands Together by Serena Lum of Ewa Beach, Hawai’i
All Hawai'i Stands Together by Serena Lum Ewa Beach, Hawai’i When I first began searching for something that represented my culture, I came across a plethora of videos that I wanted to share about events that had a profound meaning to me. They each held their own amount of mana, knowledge, and meaning that brought upon a different kind of chicken skin and chill. Although not being able to share each one of these videos, I was able to find one video that did an amazing job at representing a part of each of these videos as a whole. The plethora of videos that I mentioned earlier highlights the strength and sense of community that our people still hold even after enduring decades of injustice and wrongdoing. The #Jam4MaunaKea video, although only named after one Hawaiian sovereignty movement, represents so much more than that one movement. The video, which encompasses a part of each video’s mana, is a representation of Hawaiians uniting worldwide after years of being brutally s...

Comments
Post a Comment